Data Lag with TS 2000i

I have problems using TS 2000 for day and swing trading because I experience an unacceptable amount of charting lag in fast moving markets (up to 15min behind real time). When I close TS (without shutting dow the GS) and open it again, the data lag resolves temporarily. I have one workspace open with about about 10 charts and about 3 symbols. Reducing it to one single chart in one workspace does not eliminate the lag. I have less than 100 symbols in my GS. I have nothing else open on the computer which runs TS.

I rely on another charting software which is not as buggy as TS 2000 for real time data. Unfortunately, I have some custom analysis tools on TS 2000 which I cannot use on the other charting software.

I have heard rumors about graphics cards being an issue with TS 2000. Is there anyone in this group who has solved the problem I have by replacing the graphics card? I have the same problem on two computers with different graphics cards. If the graphics card is the issue, what card should I get? I am showing my computer specs below.

I would not consider using a newer version of TS, for a number of reasons. I would not purchase another product from a company which dropped TS 2K
support several years ago if they were the only trading software company on earth.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Computer #1

Pentium IV, 2.4 GHz, 1 GB Ram, Graphics card: ATI Rage Pro, 32 MB, Windows 2000

Computer#2

Pentium II, 350 MHz, 512 MB Ram, Graphics card: ATI Expert@xxxx, 8 MB, Windows 2000