Re: Dynastore for Satellite

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:28:06AM -0500, Clayton wrote:
> Having to use DTN satellite data through Dynastore software into my
> Trade Station 4.0 charting software.
>
> For over a year and a half problems....all with Dynastore.
> His software has a bug that causes a lot of problems with
> data and results in bad charting.

I've been using that same setup for several years now, with only one
problem, which I can easily work around.  Sometimes, maybe one day a
week, I get a few ES ticks around midnight Eastern with the timestamp
out of order.  Yes, they do result in "bad charting" if they're not
corrected, but I simply check once a day and delete ticks as necessary.

What problems are you having?

> Have tried for past year to get him to answer my emails.
> Nothing. This particular piece of Dynastore software has
> turned out to be junk status.

I've found DB to be very responsive to the few requests for help I've
had of him over the years.  I haven't asked him about the timestamp
thing since Dynastore came out of beta, as he indicated he probably
wouldn't be addressing that problem anytime soon, and given the size
of this market, I can't blame him.

> ps: no cable or DSL in my rural area. Have to use satellite.
>      Still using TS4 as it works!

Same here, just rural enough to not have any good options for bandwidth,
and I agree, TS4 does, indeed, work.

Jim