Re: Which data feed for Eurex in Europe...

Larry wrote:

The problem that we had with Tenfore was that the historic data was
not available even though they said it was - at some additional cost.
Don't know how long ago this is but nowday's you just get it with
their internet based service. (with the sat feed you would need to
save them yourself although i have heard they redistribute data over
the weekend i have never seen it myself and think those are just rumors)

Anyway, to make a long story short, they have a 28 day's trial
so anyone intrested could give it a try.

I, and I'm sure several others on the list, wouldn't use eSignal
again even if they gave it away. The horror stories of eSignals non
customer service are legendary.  I am but one of their many victims.
Never had that experience but i am not an in depth Esigal user.
I just use it like one or two times a month to check some prices
or download some history. I use it so little that i will end my subscribtion this year after 3 years of using it. So probably I
am not the right guy for advice about Esignal (specialy since
i alway's liked it possibilities :-)

Your alternate data vendor is an interesting idea.  eSignal really
does nothing but report what has been reported to it - by this I mean
that they mealy pass along the broker data that is reported to them
-- so if I were able to combine data from several brokers (FXCM, GFT,
IB, etc) would I not end up with something very much like eSignal?
My guess would be that they would also have some more professional
data delivered to them but apperantly i might be wrong? Anyway, if
that is what Esignal does, then you can indeed come a long way by
combining them yourself. Just open up accounts with all these brokers
and combine the feed. It's actualy easy to do....

know that it would not be possible to get as many feeds as eSignal
has but the principle would be the same.  Interesting project?
No clue as to how many feeds Esignal has but check out:

http://www.traderssoft.com/

On the real time data tools page there is a program called MixServer.
This can do what you want. Every broker datafeed you want can
be put into this and combined to one datafeed. Never used it myself
(allthough i have different commercial datafeeds) but it might indeed
be a very intresting idea if you would want to work with free broker
datafeeds.

greetings