Re: IB acting buggy to anyone else?

Hi Phil,

Wednesday, August 10, 2005, 8:05:07 AM, you wrote:

Phil> Maybe its the combined resources of both together and the Java of IB, but
Phil> CQG is cutting out although not near as much as IB/Java. CQG uses more
Phil> resources, but Java is widely variant and uses more virtual (slow)
Phil> resources. By the end of the day, I can add 100MB to my Ram resources from
Phil> the Java/IB application. I'm starting to think all order entry applications
Phil> are screwed by design, especially the Java applications (or end result
Phil> anyway, whether Bill Gates is to blame or not).

The most recent version of tws (848.8) has a leak. The IB techs
promise that the next version (849.x) should be released in the next
couple of days.  If you not using the latest version then sorry, no
idea.  Java is not the problem.  If it looks like Java is eating
memory then just minimize TWS then restore it to force a garbage
collection cycle.

--
Regards,
 Greg

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
  -- Bertrand de Jouvenal