IB acting buggy to anyone else?

I tried CQG as it seemed like a stable DOM application with Flash Futures,
since IB was cutting out inordinately like it does frequently at market
changes.

Maybe its the combined resources of both together and the Java of IB, but
CQG is cutting out although not near as much as IB/Java. CQG uses more
resources, but Java is widely variant and uses more virtual (slow)
resources. By the end of the day, I can add 100MB to my Ram resources from
the Java/IB application. I'm starting to think all order entry applications
are screwed by design, especially the Java applications (or end result
anyway, whether Bill Gates is to blame or not).

Using AutoTrader for IB is also another monkey on my back in shared
resources. If anyone has any applicable experience in order enty application
resources, please let me know.

Thanks,
Phil