Re: Interactive Brokers realtime data.

ok,

here's the file for download - seems like many people interested in it - I have been emailing all day LOL. Seems like this link is kind of transient, and can go away soon

http://d11.yousendit.com/C/2HH92833UQZHN3RTVGBDPTQT7F/Omega2000%20Edition%20for%20IBrokers%20TWS.zip

This is hypertrader.com's HyperServer Lite for IB TWS v 2.1.4.294

From the amount of request I have received, maybe the good folks at hypertrader can clean up their act. They had a very good product, and in the name of improvement, killed it.

Gary, to answer your question, HSL connects to TWS and stores data directly into GlobalServer, which is available for charting immediately, just like you have it with eSignal, DTN etc.

IB has severe limitations on number of simultaneous symbols. From their website:

* Market data fees are charged at the close of each month during the
first week of the subsequent week month.
* Customers without enough cash to pay market data fees will have
positions liquidated to cover the fees. Those customers without
enough equity to pay market data fees will have their remaining
equity applied to the market data fees, and then the account will
be closed.
* Partial month subscriptions will be charged at the full month's rate.
* Customers will receive an allocation of 80 real-time concurrent
market data lines in the first month of trading at IB. After the
first month, customers will receive a market data line for the
current month for each $8 in commissions spent in the prior month
with a minimum of at least 40 market data lines.
* Advisors and Brokers without any funds in their master account to
cover their market data fees will have their market data turned
off until they fund their master account.

As you all can see, if you trade stocks, it wouldn't be very good for you. I personally trade futures only and this is more than enough for me.

There is some concern that the old versions of HSL has some hidden time-expiration.. if that is true, my choice would be:
1) Pay for something that works - HyperTrader's competitors
2) Get something for free that doesn't work, not tested (HSL latest versions)
Doesn't take a genius to make a decision.

Carl, you have asked me if I have tried their order entry system as well? Yes, I did. You need to see
http://forum.hypertrader.ws/showthread.php?t=607

It's been almost 2 months now - not a single soul to say "yes" to my question. For the record, I have found it to be poorly tested and buggy.

Abhijit

Carl wrote:

Hello Abhijit,

Would it be possible for you to send me the last good working version
too?

If you want to try this site (sometimes it is real busy) one can leave
the file there for a length of time and more than one person can
download it.
http://s11.yousendit.com/

Either way-thanks! Have you tried Hyperserver's auto order entry too?

Best,
Carl

Tuesday, December 28, 2004, 10:44:15 AM, you wrote:

AD> Extremely viable alternative. This is what I am using for over a year
AD> now and works great. But first, a small set of pros & cons.

AD> Cons:
AD> * IB's data is incomplete. Not all ticks are reported.

AD> Pros:
AD> * I have found it to be extremely reliable, especially for GLOBEX.
AD> * The fact it drops ticks helps it in fast markets. Because it is AD> snapshot bid/ask quotes, it's never behind the market, while other
AD> "full" feeds are running 10-30 seconds or more behind.
AD> * Since IB isn't timestamping the data, if your computer clock is right,
AD> your data is right. No praying some bozo in a machine room is keeping
AD> the machine clock right. They aren't.

AD> I use www.hypertrader.com's HyperServer Lite for IB TWS - use that. It's
AD> free. BUT, do not touch the latest version with a pole - it's well, for
AD> lack of a better word, CRAP. The last know good version is v 2.1.4.294.
AD> After that, they have totally messed it up. Find this version from
AD> somewhere. If you need it, I can email it to you, as long as you can
AD> receive a 7 meg file over email.

AD> Abhijit

AD> Houdini wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for some feedback from folks hooked up to IB realtime
data stream with TS2000i. If it is a viable alternative, which is the
most reliable interface out there?

Thanks,

Dan