Re: Interactive Brokers realtime data.

Extremely viable alternative. This is what I am using for over a year now and works great. But first, a small set of pros & cons.

Cons:
* IB's data is incomplete. Not all ticks are reported.

Pros:
* I have found it to be extremely reliable, especially for GLOBEX.
* The fact it drops ticks helps it in fast markets. Because it is snapshot bid/ask quotes, it's never behind the market, while other "full" feeds are running 10-30 seconds or more behind.
* Since IB isn't timestamping the data, if your computer clock is right, your data is right. No praying some bozo in a machine room is keeping the machine clock right. They aren't.

I use www.hypertrader.com's HyperServer Lite for IB TWS - use that. It's free. BUT, do not touch the latest version with a pole - it's well, for lack of a better word, CRAP. The last know good version is v 2.1.4.294. After that, they have totally messed it up. Find this version from somewhere. If you need it, I can email it to you, as long as you can receive a 7 meg file over email.

Abhijit

Houdini wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for some feedback from folks hooked up to IB realtime data stream with TS2000i. If it is a viable alternative, which is the most reliable interface out there?

Thanks,

Dan