Re: Looking for solution to warn when data has stopped...

Bob,

That's quite an elaborate system that must have taken allot of work,
and I am impressed with the amount of detail in system; but I would like to
ask about cpu usage.

You use Showme's updated by tick, and I have no Showme's updated by tick
since
it ultimately will disfigure/delay last bar/indicator plotting correctly
real time.

This seems like an excellent application for a fast language dll, and I
rarely add any realtime indicator without dll's. Do you have any problems
with realtime
updates using realtime Showme's? If not, try running TS2K without realtime
Showme's
and watch how crisp and fast your tickers and indicators perform.

This is a problem that drove me (nuts) to build the ultimate workstation,
but there is no
work around to my knowledge other than using bar by bar update on Showme
indicators.

Thanks,
Phil

I have completed the latest update to the File Update Monitor and have
uploaded it to my web page.  I feel this is a very good solution to the
data stoppage problem since it monitors chart updates and not just internet
traffic.

Take a look at the Read Me document and then download the Install file if
you are interested.

The File Update Monitor link is located at:

http://users.adelphia.net/~rlscott1/TradeStation_Index.htm

~Bob