Re: Looking for solution to warn when data has stopped...

I use View/Chart Options/Status line and have Fields checked:

Symbol,Date,Close,%Change,Vol

And they will flash every tic, especially the Vol.
If I don't see any action like mid-day, I look at IB Market Depth to see if
its ticking
or not ticking too.

Esignal has an Icon displayed also on shortcut bar, as I think most other
feeds do as well;
but this may be internet issues mainly, but not always. So I keep Local Area
Connection Status
icon (for DSL) right beside Esignal Icon and on my IB ordering workstation
as well to eliminate that
source error. IB's new TWS also has a new Icon showing its data is supposed
to be connected.

Anyway your data source should have a trouble shooting Icon, and your eyes
should be fixed on your charts
either around the last tick or near the chart status line. If you like an
added distraction, add the Study and
Inputs into the Fields chosen (at top) and you will see allot of flashing
above every subchart across chart
width but will have allot of false signals when no tics are sent for a few
seconds since its more of a
dramatic effect.

Find anything better, let me know.

Phil