Re: Looking for solution to warn when data has stopped...

This is a stinky problem.

I used PC Quote online when TS2ki first came out, switched to DTN
satellite then to Esignal.  While I was with DTN satellite most of
the last five years I have a lot of internet connection experience
using it also.  Here is what I can think of that goes wrong.

1. Server at data source quits feeding you data and your software will
not automatically find a different server in the farm.

Solution:  Change vendors

2. Internet connection quits.

Solution: Have two connections to the internet with automatic switch
over if one is lost.  I've always had this.

3.  Software or hardware on your computer is acting up.

Solution: Fix it.  Reinstall TS2ki with a clean install and reinstall
the conversion software for your specific data source.

Get something like a DU Meter that will sound an alarm if your
internet feed drops below so many kbps per second.  Build indicators
like the other fellows on the list suggested to see if data has quit.
This way you can determine if it is your connection or software.
Esignal has a small icon that will show green if data and server is
working or red if not.  Now the very best solution is the one I have
not been able to find a fix for.  The problem is keeping myself awake
and or alert.

I will have to say I have fewer problems with Esignal than any data
feed I have ever had in 20 years.  Not to say DTN's internet feed
isn't as good.  I hear is it and costs less.

Jimmy

i> I've asked this in the past but thought I'd try again.
i> Does anyone know of an alarm that would trigger if ts2000i stops receiving
i> data?
i> It's not an internet issue. The connection is fine. But once in a few days
i> (just when I get distracted) data stops and it may take me a half hour
i> before I realize it.
i> If anyone has a solution to share, I'd appreciate it.

i> Thanks

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx