Re: Stops and splits

> The more I think about it your broker is probably going to tell you
> you sold whatever the original number of shares was, call it 100, you
> sold 100 with due bill attached at the new price.  The correct stop
> price is the customer's responsibility.  So you are flat.  Flat as in
> 0 shares and the price should be the market price that you sold at.

I suspect it's just like Tony said in his first posting and IB will say
he should have known about the split and changed or cancelled his stop
order before the split.

Say you're long 100 at $30.
Your order is sell 100 at $25 stop.
Stock splits, you're now long 200 at $15.
Stock trades at $15, your stop gets elected.
Sold 100 at $15 leaving you long 100.

--
  Dennis