Re: Stop Limit orders

> When I place a stop order with IB via TWS, I can shut off my
> computer immediately afterward and the order will get filled if the
> stop is hit.  It's certainly transmitted to the exchange.

Yes but it is still not stored in the exchange computer. If IB's data
feed or their order computer or their link to the exchange fails, so
does your stop. With the old TOPS system, used by Lind and others,
Globex stops were stored in a computer at the CME. Apparently the newer
Globex APIs don't include that capability. It's too bad for those who
place their e-mini orders well in advance because their stops would be
filled first in a fast move according to CME's FIFO algorithm.

--
  Dennis