Re: Stop Limit orders

>> I want the order live at the exchange. *now*.
>
>While I agree with the sentiment, unless something has changed, IB does
>not submit your stop order to the exchange until it is elected.

When I place a stop order with IB via TWS, I can shut off my
computer immediately afterward and the order will get filled if the
stop is hit.  It's certainly transmitted to the exchange.

Now, what happens when you try to place automated orders to IB via
TradeStation and TradeBolt or some other thing, I have no idea.

If TradeStation's way to do it is hold all your stops on your local
machine until a tick reaches or passes, it, that's brain-dead in my
opionon.  If you're a position trader who turns on the computer once
a day in the evenings after the markets close, what happens then?

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com