Re: importing data

Gary Fritz wrote:

ts2ki? During import of xpo data, in the last step of that dialog
box I get an option "Time expressed in". You need to choose
"Eastern" over there. GS knows you are in Pacific. Should do the
conversion just fine.
The ticks in the XPO file don't have a particular timezone associated with them.

Yes, I was confused. My only experience with a ascii > xpo converter is Hypertools. It let's you specify a "Source Time Zone" (source is in ascii), but states that "Timezone used in result is always GMT". As far as exporting xpo from GS is concerned, it seems it's always storing the results in GMT. Now, I am not sure if this is a "requirement"; i.e, if I knew how to low level write a xpo file, if I could store the times in any other zone other than GMT. Or, if there is no time zone data stored in xpo, and is always assumed to be GMT.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Abhijit