Re: importing data

> ts2ki? During import of xpo data, in the last step of that dialog
> box I get an option "Time expressed in". You need to choose
> "Eastern" over there. GS knows you are in Pacific. Should do the
> conversion just fine.

The ticks in the XPO file don't have a particular timezone
associated with them.  (Actually they're probably stored with GMT
timestamps, but the timezone they're exported from doesn't affect
anything.)  GS and TS translate from the tick timestamp to your
appropriate timezone.

So you have no problem with the data itself.  GS will do the
right thing.

In the "Choose Dates and Times" dialog, you're just specifying
the window of time to include in the import.  You can specify
that time window in whatever timezone you want.  If you specify
it in local (Pacific) time, and you tell it to import e.g. from
9am to 11am on a particular day, you'll be importing the data
that your friend's system (in EST) showed in the 11am to 1pm
period.  Just like it should be.  If you wanted to specify it in
Eastern time, you'd say 11am-1pm instead of 9am-11am.

You can also specify a chart should be displayed in "Local" time
or "Exchange" time.  Again, this is just going to change the time
displayed for a particular bar to reflect the time when that bar
occurred in your local time, or at the exchange.  It doesn't
change anything about the data.

Gary