Re:Workspaces, Backing up

A while back I posted what I like to do to keep my workspaces from
getting corrupt and having to rebuild them from scratch.   Since then
I have made a small change.  If I have several workspaces open I do
this with each one.  So lets say my workspace is called _NQ2.  It is
also brand new in the last week or so.  I just saved _NQ about Friday
as NQ1 then I made some changed on Saturday and saved it as NQ2.  The
RPC server blew up on me today so I rebooted then opened NQ2 and saved
it as _NQ3 and immediately saved it again as _NQ4.  So now I have two
clones and am using clone _NQ4.  I have found recently this is a
better way than just saving it with a new name from time to time.  I
think it works better but also it has the added benefit that I make a
lot of changed so if I save it each time twice then I'm more likely to
have a better copy I can go back to.  Needless to say if anything ever
goes wrong including that white screen I open my most recent one if it
will open correctly or the backup clone if not then save it right then
twice with two new names.

I'm sure most people don't have as many problems with workspaces as I
do.  I make too many changed and push my equipment too hard.  Saving
it like this sure takes the pain out of problems however.

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                          mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx