Re: Casper catastrophe

   From: "cwest" <cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:39:10 -0600

   I'm still baffled why no one on this list that I'm aware of uses a simple
   RAID 1 config--it would just about obviate all of the (hardware) failure
   problems I read about. What's wrong with RAID 1? Why not use it?

Because Windows requires a high cost 'server' to be able to use Raid.
The cheap way is to get a Promise card, which I installed for a friend
that keeps losing disks a week ago.  Raid doesn't protect you against
a 'finger opps'...

Oh, and I have a Raid1+0 system.