Re: Re[6]: Global Server Errors

At 10:35 AM 10/19/2004, Doug Tucker wrote:

>I exported all my files, deleted them out of global server, and re-imported them. All seems to be working fine now. Took many hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm wondering if it is worth it trying to keep 2000i going when tradestation 8 does all the data maintenence. I have a friend using it and he says it's been very stable and reliable, finally - he had many problems with the data last year - but says they've worked out most of the bugs. Any thoughts on just giving up on 2000i and moving on? I feel like I'm trying to keep this patched up with duct tape.

TradeStation 8 is working very well now.

The only real problem is the depth of data.

Mutual fund data is not adjusted for distributions, which makes it essentially useless.

There is also not enough back data on some symbols. For example, I recently had to fire up TS2000i to test something using up-volume and down-volume on the NYSE since TS 8 daily data only went back a few years.

And they really should have more tick data available on common contracts such as ES and NQ and ETF symbols such as SPY and QQQ.

But the application works very well and data-on-demand is great!

Bob Fulks