Re[6]: email workspace TS4 (and TS2K workspaces, GS data & symbols ?)

I know some of you smart guys are saying.  Well if his workspace is
called June2004_15 he must not be saving it every day or two.  I
deleted one through 18 not long ago and kept 19 and 20 then started
over with 1.  See I'm keeping my hard drive clean.  Well sort of.

Jimmy

Sunday, October 10, 2004, 6:06:54 PM, you wrote:

J> Yep I was working when your email was posted.

J> One other thing that I find invaluable all the time is to save my
J> workspace every day or so with a new name.  I did it today.  I just
J> click File then save workspace as and choose the name I was using but
J> edit it.  So today it was June2004_14 and I saved it as June2004_15.
J> This purges some of the trash that builds up and finally corrupts your
J> workspace.  In fact 14 crashed on me today.  I reboot then load it
J> again then save it as 15 and all is fine.  I hate building an new
J> workspace so this keeps it running nearly or maybe forever.  I make
J> changes a lot to a workspace and that can cause problems.  If you
J> don't have a problem I still suggest it.  The main problem I have is
J> TS2ki will say Or???? has encountered a problem and needs to close.
J> You hit OK and the charts go white.  You have to reboot to close all
J> the processes including some that don't show.  Then you almost always
J> open the workspace again.  But don't think it is ok.  It isn't. Save
J> it right then with a new name.  This current workspace probably holds
J> the record for lasting so long.  Well for me at least.  I'm hard on
J> them.

J> Jimmy

J> Sunday, October 10, 2004, 6:01:04 PM, you wrote:

j>> Jimmy,

j>> Your on the ball this morning. I just hit the send button and within
j>> 2 breaths youv're already replied!

j>> Thanks Jimmy I very much appreciate your help.

j>> Incidentally, I've been using Casper on the other machine and yes it
j>> is much easier. And the 'Ghost machine' mentioned below that I'm
j>> looking to replace the hDrive on had Norton AntiV on it. Removed it
j>> all as best I could. But I suspect even the LiveUpdate that comes with
j>> Ghost is stuffing the live feed up every now any again. However, it's
j>> much better after removing Noton AntiV.

j>> Guess AntiV ware etc must be the biggest dilemma to all who are using
j>> a 'soft-feed' ?

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy                            mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx