Re[2]: text beyond LastBarOnChart

Hello Alex,

Sunday, October 10, 2004, 12:42:05 PM, you wrote:

Alex> Wolfgang:

>>Using TS2000i, I have extended my screen via Format - bars to the right. I
>>like to print some text on the right hand side of the LastBarOnChart.
>>
>>Value99 = Text_New(date[-28], time[-28], high , "Test");

Alex> I think you should only have [-28] on either date or time, not both.

Alex> If you're using daily bars, you don't need time[-28], just time.
Alex> If you're using finer resolution (say 10 minute bars), then you
Alex> should probably be using the current date, with only a time offset.
Alex> HOWEVER, TradeStation may not know what the future time is, so
Alex> time[-28] won't work, you will have to calculate it yourself.

Alex> One other thing you can do is plot it on the last bar, with a
Alex> formatting code using text_setstyle so that the text plots to the
Alex> right of the bar.

I've actually had some luck using code like this:

Value20=AddTime(Time,2*BarInterval)
Text_SetLocation(txtid,CurrentDate,Value20,Value19);

But that will only work for intraday bars...

--
Regards,
 Greg

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
  -- Bertrand de Jouvenal