Re: Tradestation 8 - Automatic execution of orders WARNING

This is insane. Emini executions are instantaneous.

Did you or anyone compare CME level II data side-by-side with another source (I don't have the TS online versions)?

-F

Chris Cheatham wrote:

I would like to amend my earlier response to this thread with the following
summary of user posts from the TS forum. A number of us have been trying to
get TS to respond to very long delays in order processing to no avail. But
don't take my word for it...see below.

Chris

I entered a limit order to buy via the matrix, but it seemed to take an
inordinate amount of time for the order to appear as a working order,

nearly

18 seconds!?

this cant be normal, and certainly isnt acceptable:

30/09/2004 14:54:32 Received Buy 1 ESZ04 @ 1115.2500 Limit
30/09/2004 14:54:14 Sent Buy 1 ESZ04 @ 1115.2500 Limit
30/09/2004 14:54:14 Sending Buy 1 ESZ04 @ 1115.2500 Limit
I had a 30 second delay between "Sent" and "Received" today. Time to add
more servers, folks. There is no way I'll continue using or recommending

TS

as a broker if this continues.
I've been complaining about this for weeks...

http://www.tradestationsupport.com/discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=30080
I have been trading from both TS and INTERACTIVE BROKERS same symbols for
few months (splitting the order in two and placing the sub-orders at the
same instant for the same equity in both accounts). TS sometimes has me

wait

few seconds up to a half of minute even for 50-100 shares of fairly well
capitalized stocks at MARKET. As a comparison INTERACTIVE BROKERS IS
INSTANT. Most of the times I cannot sense a one second delay!!! Besides,
almost all stocks are "hard to borrow" in TS.

What bothers me the most is that besides the long time I have to wait for
customer support there is a welcome anouncement I always have to listen
about TS being the best direct access... blah blah. BS right in your face!
Disgusting.

The "undergound trader" recommends CyberTrader. I don't try to scalp

anymore

so I use TS just for delay tolerant auto-strategies.
this kind of delay is crapola... I missed a fill on what would have been a
profitable trade, and also ended up sending mutiple orders because I

thought

something was wrong with my original send... multiple clicks, could have
been messy!

order transmission and processing is critically important, and should be
done in milliseconds barring transit time (also milliseconds) - what is
causing these delays!?
I am getting slippage of 2 to 8 ticks per round turn now. This is
ridiculous, I am very seriously considering closing my account. It is hard
enough getting profitable trades in the current climate without TS

shafting

me on each end of my trades all the time.
I had to wait close to 30 seconds for ES orders from matrix to get
acknowledged/received today. What's going on?
I have the same thing every time the market in question gets busy. The

data

seems OK, but it takes forever to drag a limit order. Has cost me a lot of
money recently and I have stopped trying to use matrix during busy periods
(which is of course when it is most useful).
Happened to me today. Got clipped one point on ES cause I couldn't get out
Put the trade on and didn't think I got filled. Trade appears, I go to

take

scalp and nada. Try mkt order, nada. Again etc. Then it fills me mkt a pt
down

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Cheatham" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>