Re: OT: WinXp Sp2 - Thumbs up so far

Alex:

There has been no difference in SP2 to me and I leave my charting
workstation 'ON' for 5-1/2 days straight every week.

If your friend uses Amd64 (or maybe Amd period), WinXP SP2 will have quite a
few bugs. Amd might have decided to skip Operating Systems in the Design
process. Red Hat might be a smoother alternative.

Seriously though, anyone considering buying an Amd64 should consider the
incompatibility issue with WinXP, for what that's worth. Of course they will
probably upgrade this WinXP package in a year or two, but its hard reversing
designs in hardware or software (not impossible though).

Phil

->So, so far, it's a big thumbs up for me. We'll see how long it takes the
->crackers to find the holes in the security. :-)

-They already have.  SP2 didn't fix all the holes, just some of them.
-The holes that were fixed don't equal the number of holes that are
-known.

-A friend of mine installed SP2 and it caused several things to fail.
-He had to disable the "firewall" that SP2 turns on by default.  He
-already has a software firewall, but apparently SP2 isn't smart
-enough to recognize the fact.

--Alex