Re: Training Recommendation in Trading Psychology

A few more comments on trading psychology and "trading success".

I agree that in trading, which is taxing on someone's nerves and psyche,
it's important to maintain a positive frame of mind. A trading-psy-coach
might be able help with that. Also many exceptional traders have used
the services of coaches.

Just remember trading psy ISN'T ENOUGH ON ITS OWN. E.g. a few cmments on
Van Tharp was is suggested in the email quoted below. Van Tharp praised
and invested most of his money with Mobley fraud (Mobley was his "model
supertrader" who even wrote the foreword to his TYWIFF book and is now
in federal prison - Mobley not Tharp)

Btw I don't want to sound like I'm totally dismissing Van Thar's work,
because I'm not. Some of his material was useful to me, some wasn't
useful, but it wasn't total JUNK like 95% of the trading stuff I've come
across over the years.

In the case of Tharp-Mobley, Tharp made a HUGE mistake and paid dearly
for it, both with personal money (most of his money was invested with
Mobley) and professional reputation. Also took down with him others who
listened to his "expert advice" (remember Van Tharp was interviewed in
Market Wizards book by Schwager) and invested with Mobley.

Just did a search in Google:
Quote: "VAN_THARP... Wed, Aug 18, 8:42PM ET (-0500 GMT)
Siren...I've done more work with David Mobley of Maricopa than any other
trader. David has about 450 million under management. He makes an
average of 60% returns net to investors each year and has only had five
losing months since 1992. He comes to almost every seminar I do and does
quarterly consulting with me. That's the kind of people I work with."
<http://www.twinight.org/avid/1999/avidchat0818pm.html>
<http://www.cftc.gov/opa/enf00/opa4368-00.htm>

Season greetings,