Re: Importing ASCII data (was RE: XAverage (simple function))

> Another question now... I have 1-minute data for @ES.D that looks
> like this:
> How do I import it into TS 2k?

You can't.  I believe TS2k supports importing DAILY data into the
database, but for intraday data you can only import from XPO or
OMZ.

> Do I need to do any special setups before importing
> the data for the continuos contract?

1. You can chart the ASCII data without importing it into the
database -- select "3rd Party Directory" instead of "Global
Server" as your data source when you specify the symbol to chart.

or

2. Import it into the GS database using one of the ASCII-to-XPO
tools like HistoryCentre, http://www.traders-soft.com/ts/hc/.
There's also a freebie web-based utility around that's been
mentioned on the list before, but I don't know where to find it.

Gary