Re: My Take on Diversion (edit: divergence)

> However the
> one type of divergence that seems to have some predictive value is
> intermarket divergences.
<snip>
> I found it was much more difficult to implement
> real time than in hindsight

Bingo! As Mark correctly points out, even in John's cherry-picked
charts, he conveniently ignores several turns of the McOsc and draws his
trend lines on the "real" turns. The eye is very good at recognizing
these patterns after the fact (too late to trade) but we don't have that
luxury when trading the right-hand edge of the chart. There are too many
fake-outs realtime to make it a very useful tool.

And yeah, been there, done that, lost money, got the "I survived"
t-shirt, moved on.

"If it works, code it and prove it."
(Paraphrase of the philosophy of my friend and my first mentor, Mark
Brown. I forgive him for accusing me a being a closet astrologer. :-)

--
  Dennis