Re: A better method to trade SP Futures ? ?

Mark wrote:
>i was wondering if you had the code for the system so we all could
>backtest it?  you have backtested it and compared it to oddball right?

I don't think it's that simple, as the code would involve
identifying divergences between price and an indicator.  Not too
hard in this case (I've coded divergence identifications before) but
the code won't be nearly as simple as Oddball.  The screen shots
John provided show a tantalizing but small collection of trades that
look like the technique can pinpoint low-risk entries.

>i assume it just kicks ass and makes tons of money not a loosing trade
>in your screen shots and i'm sure that is representative of the
>system?

Any time I'm playing with new system ideas, it usually starts out
the way John did with his screen shots: I see something promising
that bears further investigation.  I appreciate John sharing his
idea, and if I had the data to test it, I would.

-Alex