Re: Voodoo Harmonics from Inverters . . .

Mark:

I understand your frustration.

Unfortunately, the unit you bought and installed is simply an inverter. An inverter converts DC to AC in this case, with no filtering and no surge protection, and no true sine wave like the utility company provides. Inverters can certainly provide unlimited run time, but not true filtered sine wave. You can install an Tripplite isobar filter and surge protector 1st into your 120 V outlet and then plug the inverter into that 2ndly and gain surge protection, however the crucial difference is your system provides 7/24/365 MODIFIED PWM sine wave to your computers, not a true smooth sine wave as most PC computers were built designed to receive from the local utility.

Your inverter is NOT a true UPS (even though Tripplite uses the word UPS in their description) and Tripplite even states your unit can be used to power computers.

It's sad that you can call Tripplite techs and they will explain it to you differently.
It seems like false advertising to me.

For a few dollars more I am going the true sinewave route 'cause I want to sleep at night knowing my computers have the best protection without any potential voodoo HARMONICS. Maybe Tripplite did not have the SU series available back when you bought your unit ?

John