From: Jimmy Snowden <jhsnowden@xxxxxxx>
To: "Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx" <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, Alex Matulich <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, November 17, 2003, 7:39:01 PM
Subject: Oversized Workspaces

Alex,

Now that is a tough one.  Well yes they will get a bit smaller
sometimes but I have thought it was because I reduced something but
some junk was still there.  I just don't know.  What I do know is I'm
on ES12.orw and ES11 blew up badly on me.  Yahoo I had ES10 to go back
to so I could now be free and clear and running error free with 12.

Of course sometimes, like today for me, they throw a RPC error and
tell me the Server can't be started.  Sure it can't cause it is
running.  Dumb program.  I'm pretty sure I tried to do two things at
the same time.  A real no no in TS2ki.  Optimizing a stop amount and
trying to access another chart for some reason.  Works sometimes then
blows you up the next.

So bottom line if you wkspace is called Badmother.orw then save it as
Badmother2 and if you open automatically it will come up next time.
If you use the menu to open wkspaces then choose the largest number.
With huge gig drives what is another meg or so.  One day it blows up
and you try the older one.  It either works or doesn't.  If it doesn't
then you close the processes involved in charting or reboot then open
the Power Editor and run Verify all.  Those two things will get you
cranked up most of the time.  Next thing to try is reinstall TS2ki
right on top of the existing one.  I've done it probably a 100 times
and never lost anything.

Charting processes are:

ORQuote.exe
ts32.exe
ortrade.exe

I only close them if charting blows up during market hours and I don't
want to reboot.  You can leave the GS running when you do this.  It is
not a real good fix but it will get you a chart.  It doesn't kill off
the temp files and they are hard to kill unless you reboot.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

AM> Jimmy,

>>They do grow.  I believe that with each change even ones we think
>>would make the workspace smaller they still grow.  One day they blow
>>up.  All my workspaces are saved with a new number after them every
>>day or so.  Larger ones don't seem to effect RAM.

AM> You mean, if you "Save As" your workspace under another name, all the
AM> extra padding and junk won't get saved?

AM> -Alex

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton

--