Re: DTN data question

> Does anyone have any ideas why my
> tick volume should drop in less than half suddenly?

I've also got TS2k and DTN satellite.

Getting tick volume with minis using TS and DTN is tricky.  The
usual indicators like Volume, Upticks, Downticks generally count
trades, not actual volume.  (I.e. a 50-lot trade and a 1-lot
trade count the same.)  I haven't done much work with this so if
I'm mistaken, somebody please correct me.

Anyway, that said:  I don't see a huge drop in volume in the last
few days.  Volume is trending down, and it's lower than it's been
for a month, but the range is down too.

If I look at the # of ticks (by loading all the ticks for a day
in GS and seeing how many it loads), I see:

11/11:  39144 ticks
11/10:  46296
11/7:   61286
11/6:   56295
11/5:   53643
11/4:   45930
11/3:   94077 (!!)

So while the tick volume is definitely down from last Thu/Fri, it
doesn't seem to be out of line with last Tuesday.  I don't know
WHAT happened last Monday, especially since a chart of Volume
didn't show anything out of the ordinary.  Unfortunately I
fumbled creating a chart and now my GS is hung.  :-(  So that's
all I'm looking at tonight.

Gary

PS:  If you screw up and accidentally try to display a 1-tick
chart of 1000 days of ES, the Global Server goes bye-bye.  You
can delete the chart in TS, even exit TS, but GS is still
grinding away trying to satisfy your request.  Eventually it runs
out of memory and dies most ungracefully.  Anybody know any way
to abort this slow-motion blowup without requiring a database
rebuild when you restart GS?