Re: DTN data question

Doug,

If you are running XP or Win2000 or any OS with a taskmanager check to
see what it is doing during market hours.  If you see 100% CPU usage
for extended periods then your computer is not keeping up and you may
be losing ticks.  I doubt a reinstall of Ts2ki is going to help but
you might reboot the DTN box unless DTN already had you do that.  Shut
it down then unplug it for a minute then plug it back in.  Maybe
someone else running DTN can tell you what their ticks were for today.

Best regards,
  Jimmy Snowden
mailto:jhsnowden@xxxxxxx

DT> Omega list,
DT> This is the first time I've posted anything so I hope this gets out OK. I've
DT> been using DTN satellite feed with TS2000i for four years and have had no
DT> problems until yesterday (11/10). I have a trading partner who uses TS7 with
DT> the tradestation datafeed and I've always had many more ticks on the e-mini
DT> s&p. We use 600 tick bars as well as 5 minute bars. I always get many more
DT> tick bars per day and the tick volume on my 5 minute bars usually average
DT> about 10 per cent more. However, yesterday and today I've been getting less
DT> than half the tick volume. This just happened suddenly as of Monday
DT> morning - everything was fine through last friday. I always reboot
DT> everything over the weekend. There is no obstruction to the dish, weather is
DT> the same, signal number on back of box is about the same in the 70's. DTN
DT> suggest I re-align the dish and then they sent out a new enablement on the
DT> box. They said if that didn't help that I should re-install tradestation -
DT> but don't know what good that would do. Does anyone have any ideas why my
DT> tick volume should drop in less than half suddenly?
DT> Thanks,
DT> Doug

Outgoing mail scanned by Norton