RE: Question on .dll files and Tradestation

Maybe I can help you. Here is some code for a simple moving average:

Here is the movavg.cpp file:

#include "movavg.h"
#include <stdio.h>
int __stdcall MyMovAvg(LPLONG lpClose, int n, float scale, LPFLOAT
result)
{
	float x = 0.0;
	for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) {
		x += *FindAddress_Close(lpClose,i);
	}
	*result = x/static_cast<float>(n*scale);
	return 0;
}

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
DWORD ul_reason_for_call,
LPVOID lpReserved )
{
switch( ul_reason_for_call )
{
case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH:
 MessageBox(NULL,"Inside case DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH",
 "Made it this far",MB_OK);
case DLL_THREAD_ATTACH:
;
case DLL_THREAD_DETACH:
;
case DLL_PROCESS_DETACH:
;
}
return TRUE;
}

Here is the movavg.h file:

#include <windows.h>
#include "elkit32.h"

int __stdcall MyMovAvg(LPLONG lpClose,int n, float scale, LPFLOAT
result);

And you need a movavg.def file:

EXPORTS
	MyMovAvg

Please note that you will need to add the .def file to your project. By
the way, I've only been succesful using visual C++; There are issues
with a dll built with borland C++ builder and tradestation.

I've had only moderate success using dlls with tradestation. I get all
sorts of spurious floating point errors. Furthermore, the speedup was
far less than I had expected.

Good luck,

Mark.