Re: How to plot 4 lines that will be different each day of the week.

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: How to plot 4 lines that will be different each day of the week.
  • From: countachl <countachl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:59:11 -0800

omega-digest-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Subject: How to plot 4 lines that will be different each day of the week.
> Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 02:22:21 -0800
> From: "jbclem" <jbclem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> This is for TS4.
>
> Each morning I'd like to be able to enter 4 values  and have 4 horizontal
> lines plot at those values, that day only, but be retained on that days
> chart as the week progresses, and new lines are plotted on subsequent days.
> I  can't figure out how to do this with values(or inputs) that come from
> outside and aren't part of a formula.  Do I have to have a new formula for
> each day of the week, or each day of the month?  Does anyone know how to
> write this in Easy Language?
>
> John

How many days do you want to retain?  I'll assume 5 (a trading week).
You could have one indicator for each day of the week. This is a lot of
indicators, but they will be very simple, so won't use a lot of memory.
Or if you need more than 5 days, have one indicator and add the date
as an input.  OR you could have one indicator with four inputs for each
day of the week.  Plot each set of inputs on only one day of the week.
That's a lot of inputs, though.

What are the values?  O H L C maybe?  These can be gotten from the
price, and changed only when the date changes.  The lines would be
retained day-to-day.  That would be one relatively simple indicator.

don