Re: [OT] New pc

What!!!

XP Pro is a development from the NT/2000 stable not the end of line for ME!

It is stable like 2000; has dynamic system resources so that TS2000i doesnt
crash like 2000; but it does have a nicer user interface and it boots faster
than any previous version of Windows.  I've run every Windows operating
system plus a couple of versions of Linux and despite the eternal windows
security issues I recommend XP strongly.

If you go to the trouble of spending time working out which mother boards
etc are best (or just read back issues of our archives on the same subject
you can build a better PC than a Dell (I have two and have experienced some
interesting Dellisms).  It will also be more open to later development and
peripherals.

  Archives at :http://purebytes.com/archives/
  PC Info at: http://www.sysdoc.pair.com/  and  http://www.anandtech.com/

If you're buying a PC off the shelf a dell is a good choice.

I support Vinces statements about specs and building them himself.

John