Re: Replacement for 2000i

I agree with Pierre.  Could not have said it better myself.

I happen to own Wealth Lab.
(Ok, the price was low, so I tried it.)  The core language
and the execution model are poorly thought out.  Wealth Lab
produces slick graphics, I like the interface more than TS,
but, fundamentally, I do not make a living looking at pretty
pictures.

Easy Language is very well suited to examining time series
data.  The language is compact, at times elegant, and
extensible.  Wealth Script is convoluted, and verbose to the
point of distraction.

I also own MetaStock and developed systems in MetaStock for
several years.  It is a closed platform.  Simple things are
easy, but wait until you try to do something interesting!  I
know more tricks about overcoming memory limits and
functionality limits in MetaStock than I'd care to
recollect.  I asked so many complex questions from MetaStock
tech support, they would recognize my voice and
automatically transfer me to the most senior tech or
developer on call that day.  All the same, many a times the
call would end with an apology that such and such could NOT
be done in MetaStock.

Other than Wealth Lab and MetaStock, I own about half dozen
other trading platforms.  I do not use any of them now.
I do all my work in EL.
Should tell you something.

Regards,
Leslie