RE: ELA Question on Trailing Stops

Foolsgold,

I'm afraid you completely misinterpreted my email and followed with
assumptions that were totally incorrect.  I hope other readers can
understand my request and perhaps provide some insight.  The graph as
labelled from the high is 100% accurate as defined by my instructions in
the last email.  It has nothing to do with marking swing highs or lows,
the blue horizontal lines show the trailing stop as it moves when price
moves, nothing more complicated than defined.

People looking for systems that have a high win% are chasing the wrong
rainbow. That is already a well documented fact.  Successful traders are
more interested in actually making money than being right.

The different stops you list foolsgold are standard definitions found in
hundreds of different books on trading.  They tell an experienced trader
little that isn't already known, and is only step one in a long journey.

I am surprised foolsgold, that if you are a traders that you don't see
what I am asking as being one type of trailing stop, that should be as
obvious as it is apparent to anyone that has used any type of mechanical
system.

I do appreciate your response though and your intention to be helpful.
A look at the graph will show that as each new bar reaches a new
extreme, the blue stop line trails 2 highs (in the case of a low) away
from the high of the extreme bar.  I'm hoping someone can understand my
explanation as suggest a way of coding this in TS2000i.
As is obvious from the graph, it comes up with very different stops to
that derived by the Donchian method.

Regards,
Adrian