Re[2]: ELA Question on Trailing Stops

Hello Adrian,
Sorry I did misread that gif what now appears to be 3 lower lows I
mistook as being a swinghigh with a right strength of three.

As I understand it you are trailing the high at the low of two bars
ago
Take another look at the gif you sent and you will see it is not 100%
accurate as you say
There are a number of missing blue bars and one blue bar (no.8) that
shouldn't even be there.
Questions
What defines the entry from long to short, it looks like you are
using 3 lower lows in the gif?
Are you looking for suggestions to improve on the entry or help coding
it as it is?

AP> The different stops you list foolsgold are standard definitions found in
AP> hundreds of different books on trading.
I disagree, I don't know of any book which states that most trailing
stops only occasionally stop with a profit, Contrary to all the gloss
the guru books say about trailing stops, a common real life scenario
is that you enter a trade, the price spikes up pulling your stop up
to, say just below your entry price, then the price comes back down to
where, just below your entry price.
Thats the reason the End of day exit and Profit target are higher on
my list than the trailing stop.
AP> People looking for systems that have a high win% are chasing the wrong
AP> rainbow.
The system I recommended you look at for idea's is about 75%
profitable on the bond data I have, if you are trading a system that's
less than 50% perhaps you should swap that system for a flip of a coin.

foolsgold