Re: ELA Question on Trailing Stops

Hello Adrian,
Looking at your gif I see you marked turning points at some swinghighs
and swinglows while other valid swinghigh/swinglows were overlooked.
Mechanically trading with swings there is no way of avoiding the false
signals that crop up in the middle of the nice moves, if you make your
swing look-back too far you miss most of the move.
Percent Profitable Trades using swing systems is not usually very high
because of the number of fake-out swing trades.
I personally like a system that has a high number of Percent Profitable
trades and suggest you look at something other than swings.
A starting point may be to look at the system MACount by Robert
Linders that was posted on this list on Oct. 26th

As far as stops go here is my opinion
1. End of day Exit ( May improve results, easily tested. )
2. Profit Target ( Stops you out with a profit )
3. Trailing Stop ( Occasionally stops with a profit )
4, Money Management Stop ( Disaster Protection )

regards
foolsgold