Bar resolution question regarding variables

Hello list,

I have the following problem. I have a system working on 60 min bars. If I
want to use the same system on 30 min bars I only should double the
parameters for breakoutperiod or not.The system looks back at x bars in the
60 min timeframe ,so it has to look back 2 x bars at 30 min timeframe. At
least that's what I thought. It's giving different results in even though I
have backtested the 60 bar system on tickbasis. Any suggestions??