Re: Global Server hung

Hello Gary,

Wednesday, October 30, 2002, 9:07:36 AM, you wrote:

GF> We had a power failure last night that lasted longer than my UPS
GF> could handle.  When I brought my system up this morning, I can't
GF> start the Global Server, either online or offline.  It hangs in
GF> "Opening EventLog Tab."  Any guesses?

GF> Gary

If  you  have  a  large  data  base in the server and you shut off the
computer  with  the server running, the server has to rebuild the data
base  when restarted.  In my case with 600 symbols, that can take 5-10
minutes.  During  this  rebuild,  you  see  the "Opening EventLog Tab"
message.  If your database is much larger it can take alot longer.
Let it run long enough and it might be OK.

--
Best regards,
 Roger                            mailto:mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx