Re: Global Server hung

The GS uses a typical data base program which takes a long time to
re index it's files.  Mine is so slow that I make a copy each night of
my data.  I use Windows XP Pro which has a really nice backup utility
that allows me to schedule a copy, not backup format, of all my Omega
Research folder to another drive.  If I get into a problem that causes
the GS to re index I simply bust out of it then copy all the data files
from my other drive to the Omega folder and restart the GS.  This takes
about 10 minutes instead of hours of re indexing.  It is pretty rare I
get to use it but it is really nice when I have to.

Jimmy

We had a power failure last night that lasted longer than my UPS
could handle.  When I brought my system up this morning, I can't
start the Global Server, either online or offline.  It hangs in
"Opening EventLog Tab."  Any guesses?

Gary