Re: A reply to Bob Pelletier of CSI

  • To: "The Funkhousers" <funkhouser@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: A reply to Bob Pelletier of CSI
  • From: "Eric Svendsen" <esvendsen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:05:08 -0800

I think that a data vendor should have monitoring programs that look for
data dropouts, aberations, "unexpected" sequences, and program output
absurdities.

An order of magnitude change in CBOT data should be EASILY detected - and a
notice posted of observations.

There were several dropouts at the CME recently.

There are a finite number of futures contracts.

Have an employee visually check the data at the end of the day, using a
spreadsheet, graph, tabularization, etc.

It might be considered tedious, but a QUALITY datastream is what we are
paying for.

For a data vendor, whose livelyhood depends on the quality of his product, I
am shocked at the apparent lack of attention to detail.

Sincerely,
Eric Svendsen