Re: A reply to Bob Pelletier of CSI

  • To: Kent Rollins <kentr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: A reply to Bob Pelletier of CSI
  • From: Leslie Walko <l.walko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:25:29 -0800

Kent writes:
> not with CSI.  Were there other bugs in the CSI software that are not
> covered by the series of emails below?

Yes, Negative volume in Natural Gas, from about August 10 to 24.
It was corrected by CSI at end of August or early September.
Since, NG trades on NYMEX, the blaming CBOT cannot
pertain to the NYMEX traded contract error.
The error vanished when I upgraded to the next version of UA.
A clear case of a programming bug.

Also, 3 days of missing data on Soybeans and some other
contracts.
The dates were: day before and two days after Labor day.
The error was corrected the following week with a history
refresh.

So what we have here are 4 different kinds of errors:
(1) CBOT error in the raw data.
(2) lack of data scrubber at CSI
(3) programming bug in UA that effected volume in NG
(4) database extract error for Soybeans.

All of these occurred in a span of 4 months.
Not good.

Pelletier would like to blame CBOT.
Yes, they could be at fault, but what about the other bugs?

Regards,
Leslie

Kent Rollins wrote:

> It looks from the comunication below like the error was with the CBOT and
> not with CSI.  Were there other bugs in the CSI software that are not
> covered by the series of emails below?  If the bugs were with the CBOT data,
> then you should atleast clarify that.  How long did it take CSI to correct
> the bad data?
>
> Kent

610-688-2442