Re: Fw: Off Topic - SCSI Raid Controllers

David:
Your note is a bit vague about the SCSI disk controller/disk
failure.
The two issues are COMPLETELY different.
(1)
If you were set to RAID level 1 or higher (with the suitable
disks)
you ought to be able to pull the bad disk, plug a new one in and
you are back up.  Some are hot swappable; even better.
(2)
If the CONTROLLER went, (not likely), just swap it.

In both cases, look at the manual.

MT:
I would NOT RECOMMEND using Win2K software RAID emulation.
Have you ever tried to recover from it with a boot sector virus,
bad BIOS, or if you need an OS clean install?
Almost impossible.

Use a RAID motherboard, or card.  It is safer and way faster.

Leslie

--
Regards,
Leslie Walko