Re[2]: Signals vrs Indicators

Ok I'm glad you brought those stinking bouncing ticks up again.  Now
you must give us your explanation once again defending this stupid
Omega guess work.

Still an old debate.

Indicators are updated during a bar that is not yet closed
Systems are updated at the close of the bar ( otherwise the backtesting results
would not be reproductible) ie when values ar known for sure ( OHLC, fixed
values, with the exception of next open.

I_MarketPosition available only from an indicator will update first, and   avlue
may change during the bar if several orders are executed during this bar until
completion.
MarketPosition is available from a system will be known  at the end of the bar
only, and will always have a known for sure value.

These security issues are mandatory to build rock solid backtesting statistics,
and have been  a part of TS success over time.
(And please do not speak about bouncing ticks as a counter example ,thanks...)

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
Tradestation 2000i, TradeStation 6 sales and support
Safir-X, neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm
Next issue: November 2002