Re: Using NOPlot() can you alternate plot on and off ?

In a message dated 10/18/02 3:03:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, mga@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Jerry,

 I think the fundamental reason is that it doesn't work. How's that for a
reason?

 I tried the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I could modify the color and
the thickness of each line segment with the extended Plot statement ( see it
in the help file: Plot1(Value, “str_name”, FGColor, BGColor, Width) and
BGColor doesn't apply ), but I couldn't get the line to turn off with NoPlot.
It only went to default values, as I recall.

 I resorted to trendlines which are very slow, but at least I could control
where they appeared.

 I'd sure like to see an example of NoPlot that works.

 HTH

 Mike Gossland

Let me put my 2cents in here.  The problem with using noplot with 'lines' is
that it will always draw a line from the last point plotted (running through
the chart section where "NOPLOT" is in effect) to where you once again
activate that particular plotN.   If you choose a point plot instead of a
line plot it works fine.  I use this in many 'indicators'.

Lee Scharpen