Re: Using NOPlot() can you alternate plot on and off ?

At 12:56 PM 10/18/2002, Jerry War wrote:
>I tried doing the following:
>
>var: flag(1);
>flag=-flag;
>if flag=1 then
>        Plot1(flag);
>if flag=-1 then
>        NoPlot(1);
>
>Is there some fundamental reason you cannot turn the plot on and off ?
>
>Thanks
>Jerry

Jerry,

I think the fundamental reason is that it doesn't work. How's that for a reason?

I tried the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I could modify the color and the thickness of each line segment with the extended Plot statement ( see it in the help file: Plot1(Value, “str_name”, FGColor, BGColor, Width) and BGColor doesn't apply ), but I couldn't get the line to turn off with NoPlot. It only went to default values, as I recall.

I resorted to trendlines which are very slow, but at least I could control where they appeared.

I'd sure like to see an example of NoPlot that works.

HTH

Mike Gossland