Re: off topic -- lost internet packets

This probably won't be very encouraging news, but I've had the opportunity
to troubleshoot lost packet problems twice with top-notch troubleshooters
who had access to the inner-bowels of the Internet where mere mortals are
not permitted to tread.

They found Routers with bad components both times -- one was buried locally
within RoadRunner between their local main link to the Net and one of their
regional Routers (that one did not show up with a sniffer like PingPlotter)

The other was buried inside a sub-net somewhere on the U.S. Mainland and it
took three very sharp Geeks two days to locate and fix it --  It was for a
multi-million $$$ international operation -- expense was not a concern and
I don't even want to think how much they paid these guys...