Re[2]: OFF TOPIC: airlines

Hello cwest,

take your point but...the main difference in strategy betw current
winners and losers seems to be whether they are in a hub-spoke
structure or point-to-point.  apparently the former requires more
aircraft.  so for now one strategy pays off and another doesn't.  my
allegation about competence of management is that if one's strategy
can't weather the predictable storms, why adopt it in the first place?
why didn't United adopt the Southwest/Blue Sky strategy? or more
realistically anticipate it and adjust accordingly?

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx