Re[2]: Security update -- Microsoft worried about Opera web browser

On Friday, October 11, 2002, 3:08:41 PM, David Jennings wrote:

DJ> Ok, you have now got my attention Microsoft Outlook has just:
DJ> trashed my inbox and created a new one which has canned the
DJ> contents of the old one lost the some of but not all of the
DJ> contents of my sent items screwed my address book.

Funny you should mention this. A friend called yesterday with a very
similar problem - he lost a LOT of valuable info and is in a panic. He
also is not very good about doing backups, as it turns out. :-)

DJ> Whats the recommendation for a Mail client?

I like TheBat quite a lot, especially the handling of ASCII for email
[no Yahoo ads, for example]. Just keeps on running, virus free, day
after day, with NO update-of-the-day as needed for M$.

(I better shut up - if M$ hears how good it is they will target it.)

ztrader