TS UpTicks & DownTicks

Dear Jan & Group,

Here's what I am talking about, with observations made with TS6:

Chart: 1-tick chart of ESZ2.

Indicator:    Plot1(UpTicks,"UpTicks");
                    Plot2(-DownTicks,"DownTicks");

What I see:

1.  The minimal, base level of UpTicks is 1.
2.  The maximal, base level of DownTicks is -1.
3.  The amplitude of UpTicks is varied, occasionally as high as 50 or so (ie, on
one change in price).
4.  The amplitude of -DownTicks matches that of UpTicks, tick for tick, altho in
the negative direction (ie, mirror image).

What I would expect if a TS UpTick = a true UpTick: UpTicks would go from 0 to 1
every time the price went up one or more ticks, and UpTicks = 0 every time the
price stayed the same (ie, no change tick) or went down one of more ticks (ie, a
down tick); and the analogous observations if a TS DownTick = a true DownTick
(ie, DownTicks would go from 0 to 1 if and only if the price went down one or
more ticks).

What I conclude: TS UpTicks and DownTicks are not what I have come to believe
are called true UpTicks and DownTicks according to language usage in the futures
industry.

Sincerely,

Richard